Monday, October 10, 2011

Pointillist Painting / Self Portrait



The Pointillist Painting is of my living room while someone was napping on the couch. I found it very difficult to paint while just dotting instead of using paint strokes. It took quite a while to get used to the idea and I do admit that I would find myself almost impulsively wanting to use brush strokes. I am finding it easier to mix the paint and feeling more comfortable with trying to figure out how to get the color I want with the colors I am able to use. (Such as in this case only using primary and secondary colors)


This is my self portrait. It is my first self portrait and this is definitly a preliminary sketch. This took me a while and I did restart it a couple of times. It is weird how you start to almost not recognize yourself after staring at and drawing yourself for a couple of hours. I think there is a lot more to be fixed (and the hair has changed) but definitely a good start. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Fingers crossed it will be worth keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment